70-680 Real LIVE Practice-Labs: Windows 7, Configuring
List Price: $295.00
Sale Price: $195.00
Item Number: MS-70680-RPL
- Access LIVE Labs Online Anytime for 12 months
Practice anywhere, any time - 24/7 online access with no client software
- Step-by-Step Instruction
Easy to follow step-by-step instructions guide you through your practice exercises View Sample Lab Guide (.pdf)
- Safe and Convenient Practice Environment
Experiment and practice concepts with zero hassle and zero risk with no boundaries
- Real Equipment in Real Time
Access to REAL equipment with no restrictions and full administrator privileges, live in real time
- Exam Prep
Exercises are designed to address the questions you'll face on your certification exam
- Practical Experience
The most authentic experience possible in a lab environment with real-world scenarios and exercises
- Hands-On Interactivity
Retain your knowledge and feel confident in your new skills by practicing as you learn
- Live Chat
Communicate and share ideas with other students as you go through the exercises
- Pro-Active Support
Pro-active and comprehensive support services will assist you in resolving any technical issues you encounter connecting to your Real LIVE Practice-Labs.
We'll send you a certificate to display your total hours of hands-on practical experience with Real LIVE Practice-Labs to employers View Sample Certificate (.pdf)
Learn more about our Real LIVE Practice-Labs for IT Certifaction courses
The following topics are samples of what is achievable in the lab environment:
- Deploying Windows 7: One of the key tasks of any desktop support engineer is the ability to deploy and configure computers. Whether this is a hardware upgrade or setting up a new user in the organisation they both require a system to work off. Using your Real Practice-Lab you will discover the Microsoft services and tools to help you quickly and effectivly deploy the Windows 7 operating system. These functions may include capturing system images, preparing images for deployment and deploying the images.
- Hardware and Applications: Daily support tasks for most desktop support technicians will include; configuring devices, Internet Explorer problems and application issues. Knowing how to diagnose these problems will help you resolve them quickly. By using your Real Practice-Lab you can explore and test the tools provided to you in Windows 7 in order to get your users up and running as quickly as possible.
- Network Connectivity: Understanding networking is crucial in supporting a Microsoft desktop estate. Having the ability to identify whether a problem is network related, operating system or application can really improve the resolution time of support calls. In your Real Practice-Lab you can get familiar with IPv4/IPv6 network settings and local Windows Firewall.
- Shared Resources: Managing security access to files and folders in Windows 7 should be no different to that in earlier OS versions. The principals are still the same even if the interface is slightly different. Use your Real Practice-Lab devices to view the properties around shared resources in Windows 7 and how UAC now integrates into the mix. Also discover new ways of configuring authentication and authorization as well as taking a look at BranchCache.
- Mobile Computing: As the work place becomes more disparate new solutions for mobile users are required. In Windows 7 there are a number of features that support these remote workers, use your Real Practice-Lab to understand things like BitLocker, mobility options, remote connections and NAP.
- Monitoring and Maintaining Windows 7: With new versions of operating systems comes a new set of challenges in maintaining them. Using your Real Practice-Lab you can now experiment with the new tools and interfaces without risk to your production environments. Explore and master the new systems monitoring tools, configuring updates and managing system tasks.
- Backup and Recovery Options: Managing effective recovery of systems is fundamental to keeping the organisation operational. Ensure you understand how this is managed in a Windows 7 environment, using your Real Practice-Lab devices discover how to configure backups and system recovery options.
Test drive our training for yourself!